8.06.2006

Long time no see! Here is a mini post to wet your appetite for gumball machines from Japan. I have been in the states for about the last month having a most wonderful time eating large portions of Mexican food and getting my butt handed to me by my sister in fierce battles of Scrabble (though I am getting good at those seven letter words). I will be returning to Japan later this month and am very excited because I will be closer to Tokyo. Booyah! So I figured before I make the move I should finish up the pictures of the machines I took before I left.

These machines were in front of a video game shop. They sold mostly new games but also had used ones too. Also, they had many slot machines inside, which seemed weird to me. There would be teens hanging out playing slot machines, though I think it was very unlikely they were winning cash. Possibly they would win video games or snacks. There was quite a snack selection inside: ramen, dried squid, chocolate, gum, mints. Dunno. I just love that these machines are blue.




We gots some dinosaurs again.


Then we have something called Training Game. It appears to be a lil logic puzzle type game. They are pretty popular nowadays.


And here we have some charm-type bracelets. I think they collapse so you can put them in your pocket on the go!


How about some Rainbow Springs? Maybe they are like Slinky? Or more bracelets?


And here is a lil peek inside the dinosaur machine. It's nice to catch a glimpse of all the plastic goodness that lies inside.


It took me forever to photograph these gumball machines. For the longest time most of them were broken or empty. Then one day I biked by and saw that they were ready for me. It was a good day, I didn't use my AK.

1 comment:

stinkyrobot said...

I would so love to have that job IF it entailed me wearing a cape and a mask. That is all I ask. And a Wienermobile. Now that would be sweet.

Apollo Creed rules! CALZONE!