6.11.2006

Something a little different for today's post. I went to Fukuoka a couple weeks ago for a nice day trip. I didn't get any gumball machine pictures though I saw many in the city. Many places don't allow cameras inside so it's a bit difficult to get good shots of some of the newer machines. Fortunately the older machines are left outside and easy to shoot. Anyways, when I was in Fukuoka I saw this.




Apparently this is a bicycle parking system. From what I gather, people purchase cards from the machine and input which parking station their bike is located. Not too sure what exactly the price is for the parking. I just can't imagine paying for bicycle parking. But space is a premium here so anything goes.

3 comments:

stinkyrobot said...

Yeah I was totally perplexed. I snapped the pics, gawked and then kept walking. It hurt trying to figure it out and I'm not even a girl!

stinkyrobot said...

Oh the glorious plastic smell! Please take a big whiff for me. Maybe I need to get one fo those soccer balls I posted the other day to get the beautiful stank of plastic. I wonder if there are others out there who enjoy the stank.

stinkyrobot said...

This makes me think of the Bloody Mary South Park episode. We rack disciprine. I need to get my fix!